Nuffnang Top

Monday, February 13, 2012

Meet the world's 'fattest man' is so huge he needs 18 carers to keep him alive




Keith Martin, 42, tips the scales at 58 stone, and is so large that he is bed-ridden.

His needs are putting an extra drain on NHS resources and costing the taxpayer thousands of pounds as he requires an army of 18 medical professionals to look after him, including ambulance staff, carers and nurses.



Medics say he would need to shed half his bulk before he could even be considered for a gastric band to aid his weight loss.

Mr Martin took the crown of heaviest man on the planet after the previous title-holder – a 90-stone Mexican – went on a crash diet. Manuel Uribe, 44, is still listed as the heaviest man in the Guinness Book of Records but is believed to have shrunk to a relatively svelte 31st 6lb. Mr Martin has also overtaken another former world’s heaviest man, fellow Brit Paul Mason



‘My mother died when I was 16 and I didn’t care about anything after that and I couldn’t care less about what happened to me – I ate anything and everything,’ he said.

‘I blame myself. It was my fault and I hate what I have done to myself.’

Mr Martin has not had a girlfriend for 20 years and can no longer find clothes that fit him, as he is 5ft 9in with a six- foot waist.

He relies on round-the-clock support from carers and relatives with his two sisters taking it in turn to carry out house visits. He spends his days watching television and gorging on sweets, cakes, biscuits and sausages.

HIS TYPICAL DAILY MENU

Breakfast: Keith Martin typically starts the day with eight hot dogs and four
slices of bread, or a pile of ham sandwiches followed by coffee with
sugar.

Lunch: A selection of chocolate bars, cakes, a packet of biscuits plus more
coffees with sugar.

Dinner: Two whole roast dinners with all the trimmings, or 16 sausages plus a
family-sized bag of oven chips washed down with coffee.


SOURCE

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...