Nuffnang Top

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Melaka: A student was almost raped inside a women's toilet at a private university



MALACCA: A final year student was almost raped after she was attacked by an intruder inside a women's toilet at a private university here.

The victim managed to fight off the attacker but suffered bruises on her face and burst veins in her eye after being continuously hammered and sprayed with pepper spray.

Recalling the horrifying incident, the 22-year-old student, who only wanted to be known as Chin, said she had gone to one of the study rooms with a friend on Sunday night to prepare for her final examination.

“We had been studying there since afternoon and returned after having our dinner at about 8pm.

“I decided to go to the washroom before continuing,” she said yesterday.

Chin said she entered the second of the three toilet cubicles and was certain that no one else was there at that time.

“I heard someone entering but didn't suspect anything.

“When I got out of the cubicle, I was surprised to see the washroom door closed.

“Suddenly, a man came out from the first cubicle and charged at me.

“He covered my mouth with his hand and started spraying pepper spray into my eyes,'' said Chin.

She said the man pushed her back into the second cubicle and she fell onto the floor.

Chin said he started hitting her on the head while continuing to spray pepper spray into her eyes and mouth.

“I was choking, I couldn't see anything and the beatings became worse. I pretended to pass out, hoping he would stop spraying and hitting me,'' said Chin.

When he stopped hitting her, she screamed for help.

“He hit me again and tried to put his hand inside my T-shirt but I kept struggling,” she said, adding that she kicked, pushed and bit her attacker.

Chin's actions proved too much for the man who suddenly got up and left.

“I quickly got up and ran outside for help,'' she said, adding that the university's student council members helped send her to hospital and lodge a police report.

State police chief Senior Asst Comm Datuk Chuah Ghee Lye said police would speak with the university soon on improving its security.

Source

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...